Monday, September 22, 2014

TBR Tag

The
TBR Tag

This tag was created by Rachel @ A Perfection Called Books and Dana from Dana Square. I was tagged by no one because my blog is just a baby blog, and I'm doing it anyway to build my post count. Deal with it.



How do you keep track of your TBR pile?

Oh, boy. I keep track of it a few different ways. Of course, I have my goodreads tbr shelf, but I don't keep track of it very well. I have a googledoc of all the books I own, and the TBRs in that list are highlighted pink. I also have a rubbermaid container specifically for TBR books (I have A LARGE  AMOUNT of tbr books) as well as an actual TBR pile on top of my bookcase, which is where I put immediate TBR books as well as anything I've checked out from the library or borrowed.

Is your TBR mostly print or e-book?

Almost entirely print. Try as I may, I'm just not a big fan of e-books. They're great for the portability, and I do have the kindle app on my phone, but give me a printed book any day.

A Book That's Been On Your TBR List The Longest

Mmmm... Faust. I bought an older copy, but I just can't bring myself to pick it up and make that commitment.

A Book You Recently Added To Your TBR

Dangerous Creatures by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl. I just picked it up from the library. Admittedly, I hadn't been paying attention to its release date, so I hadn't realized it was out yet.

A Book In Your TBR Strictly Because of Its Beautiful Cover

Guide de la France Mysteriouse. It's all in French, and I would never have bought it if it wasn't so darn gorgeous.


A Book On Your TBR That You Never Plan on Reading

Wuthering Heights. I bought a little red copy, but I don't ever intend to read it. I just want it in my library so it can sit on my shelf and maybe be borrowed by others.


An Unpublished Book on Your TBR That You're Excited For

The Heir by Kiera Cass. Don't even touch me. I'm pre-ordering it.


A Book On Your TBR That Basically Everyone's Read But You

Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. Yes, I own it. No, I haven't read it yet. 


A Book On Your TBR That Everyone Recommends To You

The Scarlet Letter. I own it, but I just have never gotten around to reading it. Every always says "you can read it in a day!" or "didn't you read it in high school?" To them I say, "probably" and "no" in that order.

A Book On Your TBR That You're Dying To Read

Stardust. Right now, it's my purse book, which means that I keep it in my purse and read it in the car or while waiting or eating while I'm out of the house. So, I've been reading it for a few months now in between other books, and I am absolutely dying to finish it.

How many books are on your Goodreads TBR shelf?

554. I haven't sorted through it in a long time, and I really really need to.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say? Leave a comment! I always reply.