Saturday, October 4, 2014

Book Haul: September 2014

Oops? Yes, I know that it's October 4th already, but in my defense, I spent the first three days of October dying. (Migraines and swollen lymph nodes are less fun than one would think.)

Without further ado, I present my book haul for the month of September!
Brace yourselves. It's a long one.


Mindfair
The Ben Franklin's in my town also has Mindfair Books attatched to it, which is a secondhand book store. It's lovely, and I find all sorts of beautiful things there.

Gulliver's Travels  by Jonathon Swift

Our Glorious Century by Reader's Digest (I generally try to avoid reader's digest, but this was just so pretty...)


Secondhand Book Loop 
I went on a book-buying loop with my dear friend at The BookNut a few weeks ago. It included Goodwills, Project LEARN bookshops, and a few others. Please forgive me-- I forgot to note which books came from which bookstores, so they're all lumped together here.
The Hero and the Crown by Robin McKinley
     I was pretty psyched about this one. One of my best friends, (the one I was on the book loop with, actually) is named after the main character, so I absolutely have to read it.


Darkly Dreaming Dexter by Jeff Lindsay

The Da Vinci Code by Dan Brown

Eon by Alison Goodman
*actually from The BookNut BLESS HER

The Scorch Trials by James Dashner *also BookNut (So I acidentally put them in the wrong picture, sue me)

The Complete Fairy Tales of the Brothers Grimm obviously by the Brothers Grimm.

Handle With Care by Jodi Picoult


13 Little Blue Evelopes by Maureen Johnson

Running Out of Time by Margaret Peterson Haddix

Great Expectations by Charles Dickens

A Great and Terrible Beauty by Libba Bray

Rebel Angels by Libba Bray

The Sweet Far Thing by Libba Bray (found them all at the same place! ahhhhh!)

A Step From Heaven by An Na

Oops! Canary is actually just a book I lent BookNut. Not new.
Mrs. Lincoln's Dressmaker is also not new. Whoops! Disregard.


The Green Mile by Stephen King

Th1rteen R3asons Why by Jay Asher


Barnes & Noble
After the book loop, we also stopped by Barnes&Noble, and I got two books that were crazy on sale.

The Swiss Family Robinson by Johann Wyss

Afterworlds by Scott Westerfeld (It's the special edition!!!)

ARCs
These ARCs were sent to me by either the authors or the publishers in exchange for honest reviews.


Hit by Lorie Ann Grover

Release date: October 7, 2014







The Pierced Heart by Lynn Shepherd

Tentative release date: October 21, 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say? Leave a comment! I always reply.