Saturday, October 11, 2014

BTM REVIEW: The Fault in our Stars by John Green

Whoa, this one is pretty overdue. I watched this one a while ago with my friends Spearmint and Cass, but I've been putting off the review mostly because I want to cry every time I think about it.



THE CAST: They were all disgustingly wonderful. Ansel Elgort was hideously amazing, and Shailene Woodley made me forget she was an actress. I honestly was afraid I'd look at them and see Tris and Caleb Prior from the Divergent movie, but it was absolutely not an issue.

THE SCRIPT: A-freaking-plus, guys. The screenplay was incredibly close to the book, including exact quotes. There were a few changes made, but they only made the movie flow better. Some things do not translate well from page to screen.

THE TEARS: Constant. I teared up, but managed to hold off actual tearflow until Isaac's eyes. After that, there were tears falling down my face pretty constantly for the remainder of the film. I'm honestly kind of proud of myself for holding out that long.

Some examples of the kind of tears that were happening:


I need to watch this movie again as many times as possible until the end of time. It was beautiful and everything hurts. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say? Leave a comment! I always reply.