Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Creature of the Night Book Tag

This tag was started on Youtube by an awesome Booktuber, Katytastic, and I was tagged by Erin at the BookNut.

For each category, I will have to find a book featuring that creature.


The Originals (From Kat's video):

Vampire

Peeps by Scott Westerfeld. It's by far the most original treatment I've seen of vampires in fiction.  

Werewolf

The Mortal Instruments Series by Cassandra Clare. Werewolves done well.

Zombie

Pride and Prejudice and Zombies by Jane Austen and Seth Grahame-Smith. I haven't read that many zombie books. 

Ghost

Anna Dressed in Blood by Kendare Blake. I just read it recently, actually. I finished the book, put it down, and picked up my laptop to order it. (It came today, woot!)

Witch/Wizard/Warlock

The Harry Potter Series by J.K. Rowling. Hands down.

Fairy/Fey

The Chronicles of Faerie series by O.R. Melling. I read these in high school, and they are amazing. Greatly underappreciated, if you ask me.

Demon

The Infernal Devices by Cassandra Clare.

Angel (angels are creatures of the light-- what are you on?)

Blue Bloods Series by Melissa De la Cruz. These are angel/vampires, so as close to creatures of the night as angels get, I guess.

Alien

The War of the Worlds by H.G. Wells. Classic.

Superpowered Human

Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children series by Ransom Riggs. I picked this one because it involves humans who inexplicably have powers without being witches or fey &c.


The Additions (From others' videos):

Dark Lord

Uhhh... I'm not entirely sure what a Dark Lord is supposed to be. A necromancer?

Elf (How are elves creatures of the night?)

Lord of the Rings by JRR Tolkien.

2 comments:

  1. I figured Dark Lord was like Voldemort or Sauron. Some super powered baddie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eh, I guess that makes sense. I was just confused because generally "Dark Lord" is more of a title than a species.

      Delete

Have something to say? Leave a comment! I always reply.