The realization is that the novel I was going to write for Nano isn't going to work.
LUCKILY, I had another novel in reserve! Remember my other nano post? THIS is where coming up with more than one idea comes in handy.
Here's what to do if you realize your novel isn't going to work BEFORE nano starts.
1. Take a deep breath. Shrug it off. It's not the end of the world.
2. Look at your other novel ideas. They're probably still in order of which ones were easiest to work with. You should probably go with whichever seems to work the best.
There should be a fair amount to work with.
3. Log into nanowrimo.org and change your novel.
Actually, YOU can fix that. It's easy.
4. Apologize to the first novel's characters. Explain that it's not them; it's you. Promise to come back for them later.
5. Inform anyone who needs to know or who you told about the first novel.
Solicit moral support.
6. Relax and take some time to yourself before Nanowrimo starts.