Friday, October 3, 2014

Reader Quirks: the Purse Book



This is the first of a series about quirks I have as a reader. Some might be shared by other readers.

Today's reader quirk is the purse book.

I am by no means opposed to advancements in technology, but I have not fully embraced the ebook. Ebooks are pretty great (I have the kindle app on my phone), but given the option, I will read a printed book, every time. I get headaches pretty frequently, and reading ebooks does not help. It doesn't matter how many settings changes you make-- no ebook is going to beat a printed page.

As a self-diagnosed bibliophile, I often find myself wanting to read, even when I'm not at home or in my car, places I always keep books. The way I've found of solving this issue is keeping a book with me... in my purse. Thus, the purse book.

The purse book is generally small and thin, so as to better fit in my purse without being at all smashed or damaged. I take great care with my purse books to arrange them in a position where they will not be damaged.

My current purse book is Stardust by Neil Gaiman, and it is fantastic. The only difficult part is having to wait until I'm out to read it.

Does anyone else keep a purse book? Talk about it in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say? Leave a comment! I always reply.