Sunday, October 5, 2014

The Bookshelf Tag

I'm not sure who created this tag, but I saw it on M&Em Read.
Sadly, I'm not going to use pictures of my actual physical books because most of them are stored away in rubbermaid bins. (it's a tragedy)


1. Is there a book that you really want to read but haven't because you know it'll make you cry?
Les Miserables by Victor Hugo
I've read some of it, and seen the musical, the musical movie, and the non-musical movie, but I just know that reading the whole thing is going to dissolve me into a puddle.

2. Pick one book that helped introduce you to a new genre.
The City of Ember by Jeanne DuPrau
I got this book for Christmas one year when I was... mmm, I don't remember how old. Maybe eleven or twelve? Anyway, it helped introduce me to my great love of dystopian YA. Is it overdone and everywhere? Yeah. Do I love every incarnation of it anyway? Pretty much.

3. Find a book that you want to reread.
The Swiss Family Robinson by Johann David Wyss
This one isn't really fair, because I want to reread almost all of my books. This one, though, is high on the list. I originally had the Great Illustrated Classics version as a kid, but I just bought the leatherbound edition from Barnes & Noble, so I want to reread it.

4. Is there a book series you read but wish you hadn't?
You know what? No. There isn't.


5. If your house were burning down and all your family and pets were safe, which book would you go back in to save?
DO NOT DO THIS. If my house was burning down, I would call 911 and thank God for insurance, because I don't have a death wish. I suppose if I was going to save a book, I would save my photo album. Cheating? Maybe, but that album is all the pictures I have of my childhood. It can't be replaced. Everything else can. 


6. Is there one book on your shelf that brings back fond memories?
Among the Brave by Margaret Peterson Haddix
It still has a sticker from Ron Jon's Surf Shop on the inside front cover from my trip to Disney World with the marching band my senior year of high school. We marched in the night parade at Magic Kingdom, I convinced other tourists I was from England, I met Belle, the jazz band performed at a park for terminally ill children, and I spent the week with some of my best friends.

7. Find a book that has inspired you the most. 
I can't really pick one... so I'm going to go with The Iliad,because it kind of makes you feel like you can do anything, and it also makes you feel smart and well-adjusted.


8. Do you have any autographed books? 
Yes! I have a few.
Death Over Easy by Toby Speed

Canary by Rachele Alpine

Sea-Devil by Jessica Sherry

There are a few others, but I can't remember right now, and my books are in storage, so I don't know.

9. Find the book that you've owned the longest.
I've had my Precious Moments bible since I was a baby.


10. Is there a book by an author you never imagined you'd read and enjoy?
Not that I can think of? I don't usually look at authors in terms of "I will never read their work" and if I do, I then proceed to not read their work.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say? Leave a comment! I always reply.