Thursday, October 9, 2014

Reading Habits Tag

This tag is usually a video, and was created by BethJune327.



1. Do you have a certain place at home for reading?

Eh, sort of. I do a lot of reading in the living room, just because that's where the chair and couch and loveseat are. When it's warm, I do reading out on the swing in the yard.

2. Bookmark or a random piece of paper?

I like using bookmarks, but I don't have very many, so when I run out or misplace them, I use paint swatches.

3. Can you stop reading any time you want, or do you have to stop at a certain page, chapter, part, etc.?

I cannot stop reading any time I want. If I don't get to a stopping point, it will haunt me until I resolve the matter.

4. Do you eat or drink while reading?

Yes, sometimes. I'll do it as long as I'm not eating something messy. I've been doing it since I was a little kid, so I have mastered the art of holding a book in one hand and only touching food with the other.

5. Can you read while listening to music/watching TV?
I actually have a specific playlist of music for reading! It's all instrumental music. I can listen to other music or watch tv, but sometimes I just need to tune out.

6. One book at a time, or several at once?
Usually, I'm reading at least a few books at once, but if the book really draws me in, I'll finish it before I return to the others. Right now I'm reading three books. 

7. Reading at home or everywhere?
Reading anywhere at all. I don't have to be in a particular place to read. I can read just as well in my bed or walking through town. (I don't read while I'm crossing the street anymore, though-- no worries)

8. Reading out loud or silently in your head?
I always read silently unless I'm reading to kids. I love reading Harry Potter to campers in a British accent.

9. Do you read ahead or skip pages?
Only when I'm reading academic books and looking for specific information. I prefer to be surprised.

10. Breaking the spine or keeping it new?

DO NOT BREAK THE SPINES OF YOUR BOOKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I never, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, EVER do that.
I may write a post about it if you want. I feel that strongly. There is no reason to break spines. 


11. Do you write in books?
Again, this is something I only do in my academic books. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say? Leave a comment! I always reply.