Sunday, January 11, 2015

BTM Review: Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

I read this book so long ago that it's hard to remember everything, but it came on tv yesterday, so here is my short review.

The movie was really good. It was different in a thousand small ways, and it was almost like a retelling of the story, but the key components were all there. I was never a superfan, so the little changes didn't bother me. Most of the changes made sense from a cinematic viewpoint. (e.g. the timeline is compressed so the same actor could play Ender throughout, and the kids don't sleep nude because you can't film that.)

Of course, you miss a lot of Ender's thoughts, as it moves basically like a space action movie, but it's dramatic and interesting, and not a waste of time.

I didn't like the ending, but I won't spoil it for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say? Leave a comment! I always reply.