Friday, January 23, 2015

TBR Shame Tag

TBR Shame Tag

This post is a list of all the unread books on my shelves. I'm putting it up so that the shame will motivate me. I tag anyone with unread books who needs to read them.


Fiction


  1. The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams
  2. The Complete Fairy Tales by Hans Christian Andersen
  3. Four Contemporary French Plays
  4. The Clockwork Cathedral by Heather Blackwood
  5. Above by Leah Bobet
  6. Wuthering Heights by Emily Brontë
  7. Angels & Demons by Dan Brown
  8. The Da Vinci Code by Dan Brown
  9. Bulfinch's Age of Fables or Beauties of Mythology
  10. The Arabian Nights
  11. Alice's Adventures Under Ground by Lewis Carroll
  12. Heat Wave by Richard Castle
  13. Conquest: The Chronicles of the Invaders by John Connolly and Jennifer Ridyard
  14. Predator by Patricia Cornwell
  15. Croak by Gina Damico
  16. The Scorch Trials by James Dashner
  17. The Magpies by Mark Edwards
  18. Thumbelina, Tiny Runaway Bride by Barbara Ensor
  19. The Minotaur Riddle by V.K. Finnis
  20. Dead Heat by Dick and Felix Francis
  21. There Is No End to This Slope by Richard Fulco
  22. Stardust by Neil Gaiman
  23. Faust
  24. Eon by Alison Goodman
  25. Fateful by Claudia Gray
  26. Book of a Thousand Days by Shannon Hale
  27. Just Sally by Frances Dean Hancock
  28. Shadows on the Sea by Joan Hiatt Harlow
  29. The Red Dragon by Thomas Harris
  30. Hex Hall by Rachel Hawkins
  31. The Scarlet Letter by Nathaniel Hawthorne
  32. Circle 9 by Anne Heltzel
  33. Houses of Horror by Hans Holzer
  34. Les Miserables by Victor Hugo
  35. Bag of Bones by Stephen King
  36. Nightmares & Dreamscapes by Stephen King
  37. The Shining by Stephen King
  38. The Green Mile by Stephen King
  39. The Talisman by Stephen King and Peter Straub
  40. The Screwtape Letters by C.S. Lewis
  41. Darkly Dreaming Dexter by Jeff Lindsay
  42. Rough Passage to London by Robin Lloyd
  43. Faery Tales and Nightmares by Melissa Marr
  44. The Mark of Merlin by Anne McCaffrey
  45. The Hero and the Crown by Robin McKinley
  46. Dead to You by Lisa McMann
  47. Tippy Toe Murder by Leslie Meier
  48. The Eternal Ones by Kirsten Miller
  49. Gone With the Wind by Margaret Mitchell
  50. A Cure to Die For by Stephen G. Mitchell
  51. The Sherlockian by Graham Moore
  52. The Lie that Had to Be by Sharon Gibson Palermo
  53. Handle With Care by Jodi Picoult
  54. The Narrative of Arthur Gordon Pym of Nantucket by Edgar Allan Poe
  55. I Shall Wear Midnight by Terry Prachett
  56. Sixteen and Away from Home by Arleta Richardson
  57. Eighteen and On Her Own by Arleta Richardson
  58. Nineteen and Wedding Bells Ahead by Arleta Richardson
  59. New Faces, New Friends by Arleta Richardson
  60. Stories From the Growing Years by Arleta Richardson
  61. At Home in North Bend by Arleta Richardson
  62. A Vision of Light by Judith Merkle Riley
  63. In Pursuit of the Green Lion by Judith Merkle Riley
  64. The Water Devil by Judith Merkle Riley
  65. Bluefish by Pat Schmatz
  66. Collected Works of Sir Walter Scott
  67. The Thirteenth Tale by Diane Setterfield
  68. Tales From Shakespeare by Charles & Mary Lamb
  69. Sea-Devil by Jessica Sherry
  70. Buried by Linda Joy Singleton
  71. The Silent Room by Walter Sorrells
  72. Death Over Easy by Toby Speed
  73. Drawn Into Darkness by Nancy Springer
  74. Irises by Francisco X. Stork
  75. The Doorbell Rang by Rex Stout
  76. Gulliver's Travels by Jonathon Swift
  77. Wormwood by G.P. Taylor
  78. April's Year by Elizabeth Teicher
  79. The Comet's Curse by Dom Testa
  80. In the Hand of Dante by Nick Tosches
  81. The Devil Wears Prada by Lauren Weisberger
  82. The Investigation by Peter Weiss
  83. The Last Days by Scott Westerfeld
  84. Afterworlds by Scott Westerfeld
  85. The 47 Ronin by Sean Michael Wilson
  86. The Curse of the Wendigo  by Rick Yancey
  87. The Complete Fairy Tales of the Brothers Grimm
 
Non-Fiction
  1. Unsolved Mysteries of History by Paul Aron
  2. An Eye for Glory by Karl A. Bacon
  3. I'm Looking Through You by Jennifer Finney Boylan
  4. An Encyclopedia of Modern American Humor
  5. Myths from Mesopotamia by Stephanie Dalley
  6. Manson: The Life and Times of Charles Manson by Jeff Gunn
  7. Our Glorious Century by Edmund Harvey Jr.
  8. I Am Potential by Patrick Henry Hughes
  9. Irving Berlin: American Troubadour by Edward Jablonsky
  10. The Life of Andrew Jackson by James Marquis
  11. How We Decide by Jonah Lehrer
  12. Nicholas and Alexandra by Robert K. Massie
  13. The Portable Renaissance, multiple authors
  14. Dickens' Fur Coat and Charlotte's Unanswered Letters by Daniel Poole
  15. Being and Nothingness by Jean-Paul Sartre
  16. The Elements of Style by Edward Strunk, Jr. and E.B. White
  17. Guide de la France Mysterieuse
  18. A Troublesome Inheritance by Nicholas Wade


tl;dr   I have 105 unread books on my shelves and/or in storage. I am shamed.  

Have any thoughts on which books I should read first?

4 comments:

  1. I'd be tempted to recommend I Shall Wear Midnight by Terry Pratchett first as it's bound to be a quick read and I just love his writing :D

    Also, which version of Faust is that?? I had to study multiple versions a few years ago and now have quite a strong aversion to the story :P

    Good luck with busting that TBR!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the rec! I'll check it out. I haven't read a lot of Terry Pratchett, so that's helpful. :) I'm not sure which version of Faust it is. It's older, cloth covered-- I got it at a thrift store.

      Delete
  2. My shame tag made me really think about getting rid of books I know I won't read. Even after that I'm still somewhere in the 200's. We should bust out these TBRs together!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely! My mom's been busting me about getting rid of some of my books, and I think I might donate some of what I don't read by the end of the year. I think we can make these lists shorter this year, haha.

      Delete

Have something to say? Leave a comment! I always reply.