Thursday, January 29, 2015

The Tolkien Tag

This tag was created by booktuber Andrea Heckler. I tag any and all Tolkien fans who read this to do it for themselves!


1. How did your Middle Earth journey begin?
    In middle school, my older sister won a copy of The Lord of the Rings from the library. She gave it to me, and I decided to read it. In my honors English class, the honors coordinator for the county visited my school. When she saw my book, she didn't believe that I could really read the whole thing. She ended up telling me she'd get me something (I don't remember what) if I finished it by the time she came in again, and ten-year-old me was like


2. What is your favorite Middle Earth book?
    The Hobbit. It's short and sweet, and it's packed with so much epic adventure.

3. What is your favorite movie?
    I'm going to go with The Return of the King. I love the way everything wraps up at the end.

4. Movies or books?
    Books, obviously. There's so much more information in the books, especially with the ones that haven't been made into movies.

5. Who are your favorite characters?
    Three off the top of my head are Merry, Aragorn, and Legolas.

6. What Middle Earth race would you be?
    I'd probably be a hobbit. I could definitely eat as often as they do, and I'd love staying home and reading all day.

7. Best actor/character casting match?
    Oooh, this is a tough one. I think that Sean Astin as Samwise Gamgee was flawless-- exactly like I pictured him, and the casting of Lee Pace as Thranduil blew me away. He is totally otherworldly.

8. What is your favorite place in Middle Earth?
    Probably Hobbiton or Lothlorien.

9. What is your favorite quote from the books or movies?
    One of the funniest lines is Legolas's description of the riders, mostly because he waits until Aragorn has listened to the ground for several minutes to confess that he's seen them and knows how many there are and what the leader looks like.

Do you love Tolkien? Share your favorite Tolkien story in the comments, and complete the tag yourself!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say? Leave a comment! I always reply.