Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Top Ten Tuesday: 2015 Resolutions

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly post created by The Broke and the Bookish.



I've skipped a lot of days of blogging, and I have skipped a lot of Tuesdays. 
I took a Holiday Hiatus. But it's the epiphany, the last day of Christmas, so hiatus: over. So here are my blogging resolutions for the new year.

1. My Goodreads resolution 
    I am doing the Goodreads Challenge again this year. I challenged myself to 100 books.

2. Review more books
    My reviewing has fallen by the wayside a little. I am hoping to review many more books this year.

3. No more ebooks
    I have tried, but it takes me forever to read them, and it gives me headaches. I'm not going to keep reading ebooks just because people want me to or out of some misplaced sense of pride.

4. Read more classics and adult books
    I've been reading a lot of YA lately, but I have some classics on my TBR.

5. Try to post every day again
    I'm sure I'll miss a few days, but I am going to do my best. I've been slacking for too long.

6. Give better warning when I'm going to go on hiatus
    I'll make a post if it happens again. 

7. Stop overextending myself
    I took on too many reviews, and I shouldn't have. I think I'll take a break from that for a while. It was too much. I'll be getting more hours through work, anyway, so I'll be busier.

8. Edit Conventional, my nanowrimo novel
    I wrote it in November, but it badly needs editing. If/when I self-publish it, I'll post about it.

9. Finish writing Twelve, a fairytale retelling
    I took a break from writing it to work on other projects, but I'm feeling inspired. 

10. Only read what I want
      I read quite a few books last year just to review because I thought I should. This year, I resolve only to read books that I want to read.

2 comments:

  1. Love these! I totally relate to the ebook thing, but for different reasons.. I find it way easier to buy ebooks because the transaction doesn't feel real somehow! I don't equate it so much with spending actual money for an actual product (Dangerous!). Plus I always go on a downloading spree and end up with loads of books that I'm not interested in reading any more. But what do you do with them when you no longer want them? You can't pass them on or give them to charity, but just deleting them feels like such a waste! #readerproblems ;)

    Love number 10 as well :D and I'm super impressed with anyone who manages to post every day! I definitely couldn't do that :/

    Anyway, good luck with all your goals :) I hope you have a great reading year!

    Rachel @ Dashing Good Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I think these resolutions will work well for me. I doubt I'll live up to posting every single day all year, but I'm going to try. Even if it's just little updates.

      Delete

Have something to say? Leave a comment! I always reply.