Thursday, February 5, 2015

Reader Problems Book Tag

I was tagged by Erin @ The Book Nut


1. You have 20,000 books in your TBR, how in the world do you decide what to read next?

I usually keep a small pile on top of my bookshelf, and treat that as my "immediate TBR".

2. You're halfway through a book and you're just not loving it. Do you put it down or are you committed?

I follow the 50 page rule. Once I get through the first 50 pages, I decide whether to continue or not. If I decide to continue, I power through even if it sucks. If not, I can put it down forever.

3. The end of the year is coming and you're behind on your reading challenge, do you try to catch up? And if so, how?

Yes! I try to read books I feel confident I'll like and postpone books that look overly long or hard to get through.

4. The covers of a series you love do not match, how do you cope?

I cry for a while, then I suck it up and buy multiple copies so I can have a matching set.

5. Everyone and their mother loves a book that you do not. Who do you bond with over your shared feelings?

I can usually count on Erin to feel the same way. Or, if I just want to do a rage rant, I can always text Britt. She'll listen even if she's never heard of the book before, haha.

6. You're reading a book in public and you're about to start crying. How do you deal?

I tend to "pretty cry", if you will. My face doesn't get very red, and I don't get snotty, so usually people can't tell. If I feel a massive sobbing attack coming on, I'll escape, but if it's just a few tears, I'll hang in there and wipe them away with my sleeve. No one needs to know.

7. The sequel to a book you loved just came out but you've forgotten a lot of what happens. Are you going to reread it?

If I really loved the book, I probably wouldn't forget what happens, but for the sake of the question... yes, absolutely. If it's the third or past, I'll reread the whole series for context.

8. You do not want anyone to borrow your books, how do you politely say no when someone asks?

I might say that I'm reading it right now, or I'll just distract them. I've also on occasion used the "mm, remind me later." I'm very selective with book borrowing. Those who can, know. I'm very possessive with my books so those that can't usually aren't brazen enough to ask in the first place.

9. You have picked up and put down 5 books in the last month. How do you get over this reading slump?

I have a few "slump books". Easy, quick reads. Usually, I'll read one of those. Otherwise, I'll binge on Netflix for a while until I'm ready. I'm in a slump right now. I have a good book lined up-- The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater-- but I don't want to dive in if I can't give it my full attention.

10. There are so many books coming out that you are dying to read, how many do you end up buying?

I am as poor as a mouse, so the amount of new books I buy depends on how cheap I can find them. I'll usually binge on one full price new book every few months, though. I just can't help myself. For the rest... that's what libraries are for!

11. After you purchase all of these books that you're dying to read how long do they sit on your shelves before you get to them?

Usually I'm already in another book, so it'll wait until I finish that. It really depends on the book. Sometimes I dive in the next day, but sometimes a book will sit in my tbr for months and months.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say? Leave a comment! I always reply.