Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly post created by The Broke and the Bookish.
1. Myopia -- Since high school, I have developed minor nearsightedness, and it's because of reading. Luckily, I am not required to wear my glasses, so I only use them occasionally for now.
2. Papercuts -- One can only handle so much paper before getting a cut.
3. Sleep Deprivation -- I'm a bit of an insomniac to begin with, but even when I do get tired, a really good book can make me ignore it and stay up anyway.
4. Lack of Money -- I buy way more books than I really should. It's a problem. (I've actually been doing way better lately, though.)
5. Lack of storage space -- My books take up a tall bookcase, a short bookcase, four Rubbermaid containers, and two additional shelves.
6. Inability to enjoy book-to-movie adaptations -- Sometimes they turn out okay, but all too often, I'm deprived of the enjoyment of a movie because they took a book I loved and RUINED IT. (I'm looking at you, Peter Jackson. If you didn't have enough material for three movies, you should have stuck with one. Don't half-ass three things. Whole-ass ONE thing.
7. Separation Anxiety -- I get absurdly anxious about my books when I lend them to anyone. It's not unwarranted-- I have lent out books before that I never got back, or that came back dog-eared.
8. Slight physical discomfort -- When you really love reading, you find yourself uncomfortable fairly often. For instance, sometimes the only quiet place in my house to read is the basement, which is cold.
... I ran out of things, so it's top eight tuesday, I guess.