Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Top Ten Tuesday: Books from my Childhood I'd Love to Revisit

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly post created by The Broke and the Bookish.


Wow, today's post is going to be hard because there are SO MANY. I'll just try to pull ones I haven't read in a while. 


1. Our Only May Amelia by Jennifer L. Holm
    I read this one in middle school, and I still have it, but I haven't read it in quite a while. 

2. The Count of Monte Cristo by Alexandre Dumas
    I got this one for a birthday or Christmas (I don't remember which) in elementary school, and I still have it, but I haven't read it since middle school. (oops)

3. The Seventh Tower series by Garth Nix
    I read these at some point in middle school, but I never owned them, and I've never seen them in any library other than my middle school's, so I haven't read them since. I recently found some of them at a secondhand book store, so I might be buying them.

4. The Girl With the Silver Eyes by Willo Davis Roberts
    I read this in middle school. I honestly don't remember anything about the book, but I remember it because I shelved it so many times when I was a library aide. (My librarian goals started early, I guess.) 

5. The Artemis Fowl Series by Eoin Colfer
    I recently got the first book in the series (it was about time) but I want to collect the rest of them before I do a complete reread. (spoiler alert: there's no way I'll be able to hold out)

6. Stay Tuned by Barbara Corcoran
    I have this book. I think I bought it at a library book sale at some point. Anyway, this book is unlike any other story I have ever read. It's pretty amazing, and I really need to pick it back up soon.

7. All of my Dear America books by multiple authors
   I used to get Dear America books every Christmas from one of my aunts, and I have about eleven of them. 

8. The Lord of the Rings by J.R.R. Tolkien
    Okay, so it hasn't been so long since I've read this one, but I try to reread it every year. I read it for the first time in middle school. A visiting overseer of gifted programs bet me I couldn't finish it by the next time she came in. Eleven-year-old me was a little offended.

9. The Meg books by Holly Beth Walker
    My mom got these books when she was a kid, and then she gave them to me, so they're a little delicate and taped up. They're really great books, though. There are more in the series than I have (I only have three), but they're hard to find. 

10. Ballet Shoes by Noel Streatfeild
      When I slept over at my grandma's house in the summer, I would take a book from the attic and bring it down to read before I fell asleep, and this is one of those. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say? Leave a comment! I always reply.