Monday, May 25, 2015

IT'S MEMORIAL DAY!!!


Happy Memorial Day! Today's Music Monday will be American patriotic songs. 


Traditional Patriotic Songs

1. The Star-Spangled Banner (obviously)
2. Stars and Stripes Forever
3. My Country, 'Tis of Thee
4. This Land is Your Land
5. America the Beautiful
6. Battle Hymn of the Republic
7. God Bless America
8. Over There
9. Taps
10. You're a Grand Old Flag

and, of course, the songs for each branch of the military

Navy-- Anchors Aweigh
Army-- The Caisson Song
Air Force-- Off We Go
Marines-- The Marine's Hymn
Coast Guard-- Semper Paratus

Yes, I know the words to all of these. I was, after all, a music major for a while. (Though admittedly, I only know the old version of "The Caisson Song-- not the new revised version that doesn't involve caissons. Guess I should get on that.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say? Leave a comment! I always reply.