Wednesday, June 3, 2015

REVIEW: Princess in Love by Meg Cabot

Publisher: Harper Teen
Released: 2008
Source: Library
Pages: 256 



Description: The truth is, Mia spends all her time doing one of three things: preparing for her nerve-racking entrée into Genovian society, slogging through the congestion unique to Manhattan in December, and avoiding further smooches from her hapless boyfriend, Kenny.
For Mia, being a princess in love is not the fairy tale it's supposed to be . . . or is it?

My Review: All the characters are just as fun-- even more so, because a few of them get fleshed out a little more in this book. The drama is high, but still accessible. It's a little painful watching Mia stumble around when we KNOW that she's overthinking things, but she's a freshman in high school, and hey-- I overthought things to that degree when I was a freshman in high school, too.

One minor issue I have with it is that I kind of want things to move a little faster. I saw the two movies before I read any of the books, so now I'm waiting and wondering when certain elements from the movies are going to show up in the books, or whether they will at all. So far, the two mediums are still only very vaguely related.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say? Leave a comment! I always reply.