Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Writing Wednesday

Today's discussion is going to be about editing feelings! 

It will be brief, because I am exhausted.

Generally, when I start editing a manuscript, my initial feeling is as follows:



This is true pretty much every time. 

When I actually get to work, it gets a little more complicated. Usually it's a combination of:

and

...lots of crying. (Am I kidding? You'll never know.)


Then, it starts coming together, and it's like a miracle!


The ships are perfect.


The characters are flawless.


BUT THEN

SOMEHOW

IT ALL GOES WRONG.


You begin to question writing at all.



Eventually, you come to terms with it, and it's all as good as it's ever going to be. 





Have a great night!









No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say? Leave a comment! I always reply.