Sunday, October 25, 2015

REVIEW: Coraline by Neil Gaiman

Publisher: HarperCollins Publishers
Released: 4th February, 2002
Source: Mine (I just bought it because I knew I'd really like it.)

Rating: 

Description: Coraline discovered the door a little while after they moved into the house. . . ."

When Coraline steps through a door to find another house strangely similar to her own (only better), things seem marvelous.

But there's another mother there, and another father, and they want her to stay and be their little girl. They want to change her and never let her go.

Coraline will have to fight with all her wit and courage if she is to save herself and return to her ordinary life.

My Review: I enjoyed this book even more than I expected.

I saw the movie before I knew that Coraline was a book, and when I discovered that, I HAD to have it. I love the movie, and I still watch it every once in a while.

The book had some major differences, but all differences I loved. Book Coraline does it all on her own-- she doesn't need any boy to help her. I also liked that she was a little more practical, e.g. calling the police when her parents went missing. (For all the good it did her.)

The book version was also a little scarier than the movie, because reading about something is always a little scarier than seeing it. It leaves things more up to your own interpretation, which can sometimes go further into the spooky side.

If you've seen the movie, I 100% suggest reading the book, and if you haven't, I suggest reading it anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say? Leave a comment! I always reply.